Blog Archive

Followers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ho Hum....

Working at home and owning my own business is a wonderful bonus that I have right now in life.  My husband is able to support us so I am able to stay home with the kids.  My work is for me (to keep me sane) but is also something that I am building for when both my kids are in school.  My oldest is in second grade now.  We send him to private school (don't get me started on our public schools here).  My youngest has one more year of pre-school and then it is off to school for him as well.  There lies my anxiety!!  I love working at home (and for myself) so I can pick up the kids from school, let them have play dates, allow them to participate in activities, help with homework, etc.  To be honest though - the pay isn't always great.  If you don't have paying clients you don't get paid!!!!  That's fine - I know the business is growing and we are hoping it will become something great someday - hope doesn't pay for 2 private school tuitions though. 

How great is it that I can get some work done and still have fresh laundry at the end of the day.  I love being able to come and go as I please and do work on my time when I decide it is time.  Like today - I was photographing some new products for the web.  Here is what I have done for work today---


 

And look who showed up while I was working...



I hope that I can continue to work here and be able to build up the ability to pay for the extras and for the boy's school.  Whether it be for my business now or a new opportunity I hope that I will continue to have the freedom that working at home allows for.  I am working hard at it - hope it all pays off.

I also wish I could be as good a writer and/or blogger as some of the people I follow.  I am not totally into all this so I don't follow many people but here are 2 of the blogs that have kept me laughing and following.  I aspire to be at their level...

Jennsylvania

Snide Bride

0 comments:

Follow MAKrisko on Twitter