Blog Archive

Followers

Friday, January 8, 2010

Trying to Keep Up

My household has always been pretty busy - busy attorney husband, working mom, 2 boys with activities and school and a cat. I remember back to my childhood and think that I am not as good as my mom was - I don't clean the house as well, I always have clean laundry but it never seems to be folded (my husband hates going on a boxer search at 6am after his shower), and I don't always feel like I give my kids 100% devoted attention each day. In addition I have always worked so there are other responsibilities and time commitments that go along with that. At least I work from home and am my own boss which is a blessing --- most of the time.


Last April we decided as a family that it was time to introduce a dog to the mix. The boys wanted one, Jon wanted one and once I saw the picture of Nala (aka ND the Wonderdog) I was in love. We adopted from the Humane Society because we wanted to save an animal and she was an adorable 3 month old lab mix. She was a puppy - she jumped, did the play biting and we did have to house break her. We hired a dog trainer which helped a lot! The thing is Nala is SMART. We think she has some German Shepard in her and as she has grown she looks more like a Greyhound. The combination means we have a very smart and "crafty" dog who is extraordinarily fast.


Nala steals items from the house to get attention (socks, shoes, books, toys, food) and once she has it she goes outside and all is lost because you can't catch her! My boys know (and now so do their friends) that you never just take off your shoes and socks. You either put them in the closet or way back on the counter or they will disappear.


Nala has had many adventures in her 1 year of life so far and while they can cause anxiety and extra work they have also provided some comic relief for my friends and family! I decided to blog not just about the Dog but about life in general - life as a mom, an business owner, a wife, and a dog owner.


This is my outlet - it is also my scrap book for my life and the life of my family since I am so delinquent in doing any photo albums and scrapbooks in the house. Since all of my pics are from a digital camera and are all stored online this seemed like the most efficient way to keep my memories and pictures so that we can look back on like. And these days I am all about efficiency!


Welcome to my world!



0 comments:

Follow MAKrisko on Twitter